Hey Guys! Happy Feminist Friday! I hope that everybody had a good week! As always, I have compiled the latest feminist news! Let me know if I left anything out! Have a great weekend!
In good news…
1. My new bff Pope Francis has said that all pets go to heaven! This man gets cooler everyday!
2. Someone paid off $20,000 in lay away orders for families at a Toys R Us!! I love generosity!!
3. Margaret Cho is getting a late night show on TLC titled All About Sex!!
4. Congressional staffers staged a walk out in response to the lack of indictments in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases.
5. There is a new comic book titled Priya Shakti in India where the superhero is a rape survivor.
6. Trans New Yorkers are now allowed to change the gender on their birth certificates without surgery or hormone treatment. Go New York!
7. The most comprehensive abortion study ever completed has been published in ‘Obstetrics & Gynecology’. It shows that only 1 out of 115 patients suffered from post abortion complications, a much lower percentage than widely believed.
In bad news…
1. The (un)Islamic State has released a pamphlet on how to abuse and torture women and slaves.
2. The CIA torture report happened. And a lot of important people are acting surprised.
3. Sudan is making it impossible for the UN to investigate mass rape reports. Yea because its not like Sudan has been using rape as a weapon of war for years now….
4. The Victoria Secret Fashion Show happened in hopes of making every woman in America feel unworthy.
5. A study produced by Innovative Higher Education journal revealed that male teachers receive higher evaluations than their female counterparts, as decided in blind study.
6. More toys are being marketed as gender specific than there were 50 years ago. There also seems to be a lack of gender neutral toys.
And for a giggle, here is a list of crazy myths people used to believe about vaginas.
Categories: Featured Stories