Happy Feminist Friday people!! I hope that everybody had a great week! Sorry for the late posting, I have been feeling a little under the weather! I personally blame this damn Cincinnati weather, but I do love this town [= As always, I have collected the latest news for you guys! Let me know if I left something out! Have a great weekend!
In good news…
1. Even George W. Bush was confused by the grand jury’s decision not to charge Officer Daniel Pantaleo with the death of Eric Garner. Its good to know that I am not the only one confused.
2. Federal Court strikes down TRAP law in Indiana!! Its about time!
3. The widespread protests after the failure to indict the cop who murdered Eric Garner have been mostly peaceful. *Good job people*
4. Florida has allowed the Satanic Temple to have a holiday display at the capitol this year. I love how much the Satanic Temple pisses off the religious zealots in these towns, especially the real Satanists lol.
5. The Toledo City Council voted to expand the city’s current hate-crime law to include protections against violence motivated by actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, or disabilities. YAY for my home state!!
6. The Miami-Dade County Commission voted to add gender identity and expression to the city’s Human Rights Ordinance; making it the 21st county in FL to do so.
7. Washington DC will be joining California and New Jersey with its passage of the ‘Conversion Therapy for Minors Prohibition Amendment Act’.
In bad news…
1. The Navy Times has revealed that several female sailors were filmed showering and the video was then circulated amongst other sailors. And to make matters worse, the sailors taped were some of the FIRST female sailors allowed to serve on submarines. Wow, glad to see integration is going so well.
2. Darren Wilson reportedly received $500,000 for his interview with ABC News.
3. A Texas Grand Jury also decided not to indict two cops who assaulted a female inmate. DESPITE the fact that it was caught on tape, the two officers were fired over the incident, and the victim was awarded a settlement from a civil rights lawsuit. WTF
4. The women’s lib movement is obviously the cause of Ferguson…. and all the other racist crimes in America? Really Ben Carson?
Categories: Featured Stories