Happy Feminist Friday everybody!! I hope that everybody had a great Thanksgiving and was able to set aside some time to appreciate everything and everyone in their lives! (Un)fortunately I couldn’t find much news for this week, so I would love some comments with some links to relevant news articles!! Have a great weekend!
In good news…
1. Finland became the 12th European country to legalize same sex marriage and give couples the same benefits franted to heterosexual couples. Yay!!
2. Students at Norman High School in Oklahoma have staged a walkout in order to show solidarity with three students who have reported assaults by the same male student and faced harassment and bullying in exchange.
3. The University of Massachusetts-Amherst has cut ties with alumnus Bill Cosby and he has agreed to step down as honorary co-chair of their $300 million fundraising campaign.
4. Officer Darren Wilson’s attorney has announced he will be leaving the Ferguson police force.
5. Kim Yo Jong, Kim Jong Un’s sister, has been appointed to a senior position in the ruling Worker’s Party.
In bad news…
1. Ray Rice won his appeal and has been reinstated to play in the NFL. The good news though is the Ravens had already dropped him from the team and another team is unlikely to pick him up this late in the season.
2. Shia Labeouf has claimed he was raped during his #IAMSORRY art exhibit at the beginning of this year. I am sending positive thoughts his way!
3. Everything happening in Ferguson.
4. A 12 year old boy, Tamir Rice, was killed by police in Cleveland for carrying an airsoft gun.