Happy Feminist Friday and Halloween everyone!! I hope everyone had a fabulous week and is going out and having fun tonight! As always, I have collected the top mews stories of the week. If you have anything to add, feel free to leave a comment!
In good news…
1. Anita Sarkeesian was on Colbert Report last night to discuss Gamergate.
2. October 29th was International Carry That Weight Day of Action, inspired by Columbia senior Emma Sulkowicz’s project.
3. Malala Yousafzei has donated the $50,000 prize from winning the World Children’s Prize to rebuild schools in Gaza.
4.Mo’ne Davis will be in the November issue of Teen Vogue.
5. The Pope declared evolution and the big bang as being real.
In bad news…
1. Dennis Prager, a talk show host from Florida (of course), called campus sexual assault a ‘lie created by the feminist left’ at a rally for FL Gov Rick Scott on Tuesday. WTF dude?
2. On Tuesday, the North Dakota Supreme Court effectively made medical abortion illegal by voted to ban drug induced abortion procedures.
3. There are evidently people who believe dressing as Ray Rice for Halloween is appropriate and/or funny?
4. The masthead of the Washington Post will soon be a boys only club, with Usha Chaudhary, chief financial officer and vice president for finance and administration for the paper, is set to depart for a new position
5. Pro Life groups are telling Brittany Maynard how and when to end her life as she talks about moving the date she has chosen to end her life.
6. Gilbert Public School Board in Arizona has voted to remove pages from their high school biology textbook pertaining to contraception and abortion.
7. Houston Mayor Annise Parker has been flooded with almost 1000 bibles at her home in response to her campaign to monitor the sermons of local pastors, in an attack created by Mike Huckabee.
8. Last Saturday, Reyhaneh Jabbari of Iran was hanged for killing the man who was tying to rape her, despite international pressure. Here is a translation of her last message.
Happy Halloween from the best Notorious RBG impersonator yet! Halloween has officially been won!